Saturday, April 18, 2009

XAMPP Package Download

Yesterday I downloaded XAMPP Windows 1.7.1 that contains PHP, MySQL and Apache HTTPD 2.2.11. I installed XAMPP on c:\xampp, but I faced a problem with apache service which was not able to start. I found that the port that the appache is trying to use is already in use from the IIS, since I was working with ASP in my last project. To solve this problem I stopped the IIS service in order to free this port. I also found in the Internet that there is another solution which is either to change the IIS port or to change the apache port in httpd.conf file under apache/conf/ folder. Now the package is working. So I oppened the XAMPP Control Panel in which I can stop and start the Apache and MySQL. To test that PHP is working, I searched the XAMPP root directory, then I opened the htdocs folder in which we will have to store our php files, then I created a test php page using dearmweaver. In the address bar I wrote http://localhost/test.php and the page that I did appeared. Now I will try to experiment more on this package. I also have to learn how to use MySql to create the Database.

No comments:

Post a Comment