Friday, May 8, 2009

Split employees table

I spent the whole last week reading the site http://mikebernat.com/blog/Setting-Up_a_Relational_Database_in_MySQL and trying the things that it explained on MySql. At the beginning it was very difficult because it's defferent than Access. But now i managed to split the exesting table (Employees) into other two tables. So now I have three tables: Employees, Departements, Job titles.


Now i will have to normalize the tables so i delete duplicate fields. It was a hard work, but it's worth it!!!!! Now I want to create new tables depending on the functional specification that my friend Hessa will make.


Also I should give the database when i finish it to my friend Alia so dhe can write php code to show the tables on a web page. This is a very complecated work and it is soooooo interrelated so we should focus and work as a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment